cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No ringback when calling from Nortel digital phone to IP phone

jaywydra
Level 1
Level 1

I can't hear any ringback tone when calling to an IP phone from a Nortel Digital. I have a PBXLink and a 4 port dialogic card carrying the actual analog signal. Is there a setting on the CCM that I need to configure in order for this to work right? My digital sets are plugged into a Meridian 1.

Thanks,

Jason

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your description is a bit confusing. I suspect this is something you'll need to troubleshoot on your gateway rather than on Unity but let me see if I understand your call flow first...

call into Unity form a Nortel phone,

dial the extension of an IP phone,

Unity attempts to transfer then call (release or supervised?)

Then the caller just hears dead air?

Can you see the call hitting your gateway between the Nortel and CCM?

And some further questions…

Do direct calls from Nortel phones to IP phones work? i.e. is the no-ringback problem only on calls transferred by Unity?

Do you have a transparent dialplan between the two phone systems? Or when calling from the Nortel to CCM, do you first need an access code before dialing the extension of the IP phone?

Forgive me in my confusion. The dialogic has nothing to do with this. I am calling directly to the IP phones from the Digital Nortel phones by dialing the 4 digit number. No access code. I have a 2600 H323 gateway doing the call routing. I suspect there is a command I'm missing on the gateway. If I pick up the IP phone on the other side the call completes, If I don't, the call gets transferred to Unity and then I hear the opening greeting for the subscriber.

Thanks,

Ah, you might find better help on the General or IP Telephony forums. This Unified Communications forum primarily has Unity talk on it. That said, I've seen a number of other threads regarding ringback on VoIP gateways. Some have resulted in tech notes such as these...

Troubleshooting No Ringback Tone on ISDN-VoIP (H.323) Calls

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

PSTN Callers not Hearing any Ring Back When they Call IP Phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080111b80.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: