Views
Helpful
Replies

No Unity Message Playback

christian.testa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ive got Unity Unified Message solution 4.0(5) with an offloaded exchange. For some users, people cannot listen to their messages from their phone, but they can do so from Outlook on their PCs.

They can login succesfully but then are greeted by "Your Messages are not available now". This coincides with Error ID:119 and Error ID:30020 in the Unity Event Log.

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have lost the connection between Unity and the Exchange box.

Either some Unity Services have stopped on the Unity box or it's a perminssions problems or you could have a DNS problem with Unity "talking" to the Exchange server.

Outlook messages are just wav files, it's not actually using Unity at all. Once the voicemail is recorded, its dumped to Exchange. If you are dialing into Unity from your phone, the phone connects to Unity, Unity connects to the Exchange server mailbox and streams it through the phone.

OK so how can I check permissions or exchange connections? I can ping the exchange servers from unity and most subscribers are working correctly?

Try logging into owa of the subscribers account with the unity message store service account.

so it would be:

http://exchange server/exchange/alias

then when the log in prompted, type in the

domain\unitymsgstrsvc

pw

Unity message store should be able to log into the persons Exchange account... doesnt matter if it's UM or VM only setup... if it can not login, you have one two problems.

- Permissions are not set on the account for unity to access the account. This would be mean that if someone dials into unity and try and access their mailbox, there are no permissions to.

- The account is disabled in AD.

You can also compare permissions of a working Unity/AD/vm account. IN AD, go the advance properties of Exchange in the account and check the permissions. You should see things like Exchange admin, user account name, Unity service accounts, couple other AD accounts.

If you only see "Self"... then you are missing permissions.

I also have a customer that is having similar problems.

In their case they created an additional mailbox store on the partner exchange server and moved some users, now those users recieve the VM in their Outlook client and can listen on the PC. However, when they try retrieving the message using the phone they hear a message saying "Your messages are not available now" also the MWI does not illuminate and if we check the status of the MWI in Unity admin it syas "MWI request pending".

From reading the previous posts it appears that this is a permissions issue and we need to re-run the permissions wizzard on the new mailbox store.

Is this correct or have I got this wrong?

Im also running into the same issue, please help.

Thanks

Does anyone have a reported fix for this? I have ran the Permissions Wizard under a Domain Admin account several times without failures. The problem is happening on my mailbox and another domain admin. We just moved Exchange servers. If we're back on the original Exchange servers, we have no problems at all.

I immediately get the 119 error after entering my password.

Hi -

Make sure inheritance is not blocked to the problem accounts or the box has gotten unchecked. In the ADUC MMC, click on View - Advanced Features to show the Security tab on the user account. The unitymsgstore and unitydirsvc accounts should have specific permissions enabled. Another thing I can suggest is to run Syscheck and DOHProptest on your Unity server. I believe Syscheck needs to run logged on as the unitymsgstoresvc account and DOHProptest needs to be run logged on as the unitydirsvc account. Syscheck will validate your Unity system for you.

Ginger

Problem solved on my end. Since I was able to get a maintenance window last night, I restarted Unity and we're not able to get our voicemails via the phone. Very strange issue, but thanks for your reply.