cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

non-configurable buttons on expansion module through user options

Natalie Ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

So my users log into the user options page to edit their speed dial buttons on their expansion module.  And they get the following error when they click on the expansion module.

This phone is configured for an expansion module, but does not contain configurable buttons.

Typing this into google, it is a common enough error that google auto-fills the search, but there are no pages on the internet that discuss this problem.  At the present time, I log into CUCM and manually add speed dial buttons on their expansion modules.  Obviously, I have no desire to continue manually editing buttons for my users.  How can I enable these modules for them to edit their own buttons?

Phone - 7965

Expansion module - 7916

under the phone configuration in CUCM, I have specified "phone button template" as "standard 7965 w/sidecar busy lamp"

under "enterprise parameters" all options are enabled for "user options" except for "Show Line Text Label Settings"

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Beau,

Does the phone template for these devices include SD's or BLF's for all of the necessary lines included with an expansion module?

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

View solution in original post

Hi Beau,

I'll just add this note to the good tips from Tony (+5)

If these were set a common speed dials rather the BLF/SD's the users can configure them, but only an admin can set up BLF/SD's;

From the CUCM 9.x SRND;

Unified CM Speed Dial Presence

Unified CM supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence  capabilities by means of a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed  dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator. However, only  the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user  is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

The administrator must configure the BLF speed dial with a target  directory number that is resolvable to a directory number within the  Unified CM cluster or a SIP trunk destination. BLF SIP line-side  endpoints can also be configured with a SIP URI for the BLF speed dial,  but SCCP line-side endpoints cannot be configured with a SIP URI for BLF  speed dial. The BLF speed dial indication is a line-level indication  and not a device-level indication.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/presence.html#wp1084090

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Beau,

Does the phone template for these devices include SD's or BLF's for all of the necessary lines included with an expansion module?

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Beau,

I'll just add this note to the good tips from Tony (+5)

If these were set a common speed dials rather the BLF/SD's the users can configure them, but only an admin can set up BLF/SD's;

From the CUCM 9.x SRND;

Unified CM Speed Dial Presence

Unified CM supports the ability for a speed dial to have presence  capabilities by means of a busy lamp field (BLF) speed dial. BLF speed  dials work as both a speed dial and a presence indicator. However, only  the system administrator can configure a BLF speed dial; a system user  is not allowed to configure a BLF speed dial.

The administrator must configure the BLF speed dial with a target  directory number that is resolvable to a directory number within the  Unified CM cluster or a SIP trunk destination. BLF SIP line-side  endpoints can also be configured with a SIP URI for the BLF speed dial,  but SCCP line-side endpoints cannot be configured with a SIP URI for BLF  speed dial. The BLF speed dial indication is a line-level indication  and not a device-level indication.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/presence.html#wp1084090

Cheers!

Rob

They are BLF SDs...  So I guess I will be manually editing these. 

Thanks Rob!  You knew where I was heading (+5).

Tony

Thanks,
Tony