cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nortel M1 and PBXLink integration with CCM problem

jaywydra
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue with Unity 4.0(3) and integration with PBXLink. When I call the Unity pilot number from a PBX phone I can see the SMDI data come through on the integration monitor GUI. I shows me only the called number and the reason of "direct". I have call viewer opened at the same time but I never see any information passed along to Unity. I've deleted and re-created the integration several times but I cannot get the Unity main greeting to answer. It just rings and rings. Any ideas what I can look at? It seems the information is not being passed from the serial port to the Unity application. By the way, I have a Dialogic 4 port PCI board. All four ports are set-up on the PBX and I also have the two digital ports configured on the PBX link. All PBXLink configs look ok.

Thanks,

Jason

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jason, the integration information is passed out of band via the Serial cable and only tells Unity about the call it is about to recieve on a particuliar analog port. Make sure the call is actually being presented on one of the analog ports.

You can turn on MIUGeneral diagnostic 12 "TAPI Events" in the Unity Diagnostic Utility (UDT) and place another test call, then gather the latest AvCsMgr log from UDT. You should see the following when a new call is offered to Unity:

07:57:51:129 (AvMiu_MC,584,MiuGeneral,12) [Thread 0x00000A28] [Port 17] TAPI sent Tapi Message LINE_APPNEWCALL

If you are not seeing this, make sure your line cords are good and since you only have four ports, you might run a quick test, and plug each analog port in to an analog phone and call it to make sure it rings.

Thanks! I will try the trace. Just to clarify..... I will not see a call in the call viewer unless the call is actually being placed on the analog by the Nortel PBX? Even though the call info is coming through on the SMDI (and seen in the integration monitor), it won't pass to Unity unless the analog side is coming through as well?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: