Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to bakup recorded meeting and from meeting place

Hi

I am searching for the procedure for backing up recorded audio and meeting to a backup server or anything ( Tape,CD etc).

Till i haven't find any such document.

Plz let me know if anybody has done this and also plz share the related documents.

Thanks R

Rupam

6 Replies 6

skravens0929
Level 1
Level 1

what version?

Hi

My version of meeting place is 6.0.0

The audio server hardware is 8106.

Thanks

Rupam

Well in version 7 the recordings are flushed from the application server every night. Unless you have a media server that will store the recordings. We did not have the media server so we could record but not keep the recordings. Sorry I am not familiar with version 6.

ltleary2009
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I can tell you what I've done and see if that helps. I have my recordings stored "off box" (from the admin page go to Shared Storage.) I have all my recordings going to a Raid 5 box which I then back up nightly. Pretty straight forward.

Note, while you can archive off audio files and play them back, the web content can only be played from the web server. But having a backup of this and my SQL Databases give me a way to restore in case of disaster.

ahhh...ok. good to know. Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your valuable input.

Right now customer is asking me to implement backup gateway.

I have gone through the .documentation for the same but i have a doubt.

1. The backup gateway utility needs to be installed on a server where the backup need to be taken .i will be using local storage

2. I need to configure backup gateway on that storage with the ip address of the audio server.

3. The meeting time can be used to schedule the backup.

Now my doubt is if i am using a meeting time in my laptop to access the audio server , how the audio server will come to know that the backup needs to be sent to the backup gateway's local storage.

Thanks

Rupam