cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notifying security personnel when 911 is dialed

dave.drolett
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently in the middle of an Avaya PBX to Cisco VoIP conversion and as I get ready to convert our Security department, I realized they have the need to know when an IP phone dials 911.

In Definity, you simply set up a 'crisis-alert' button on a phone, the phone alerts the guard as to who has dialed 911. The call is simultaneously routed.

Is there an equivalent for Call Manager?

Thanks,

Dave

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

There is an equivalent (not exactly simple) service that works with CCM called Cisco Emergency Responder;

Cisco Emergency Responder enhances the existing emergency 9-1-1 functionality offered by Cisco Unified CallManager. It assures that Cisco Unified CallManager will send emergency calls to the appropriate Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) for the caller's location, and that the PSAP can identify the caller's location and return the call if necessary. In addition, the system automatically tracks and updates equipment moves and changes. Deploying this capability helps ensure more effective compliance with legal or regulatory obligations, reducing the risk of liability related to emergency calls as a result.

Coupled with Cisco Unified CallManager, Cisco Emergency Responder surpasses traditional PBX capabilities by introducing user or phone moves and changes at no cost, and dynamic tracking of user and phone locations for emergency 9-1-1 safety and security purposes.

Cisco Emergency Responder includes the following features:

Real-time location-tracking database and enhanced routing capabilities

**Supports automatic notification of customer security personnel when an emergency call is in progress and provides the caller's location.Cisco Emergency Responder provides various means of alerting customer security personnel to an emergency call in progress. Calls can be placed to desired extensions, announcing the location of an emergency caller. Alerts also appear in a Web browser-based user interface, or can be sent by e-mail, for example, to an external paging system.

Requires no administrative support for moving phones or staff from one location to another

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps842/products_data_sheet0900aecd80410f16.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

My question is probably not quite the technical level perspective, but you do seem to know your CER points. I am trying to finalize a configuration of a CER and am just not getting it. On the configurator tool, I came upon parts with the prefix of "UCSS Emergency Responder" as it relates to something of a quantity of the following items: UCSS-ER-1-100= . What is the part mean? I know I have to build a system with 50,000 seats, but I don't know what this is. I have my MCS-78235's configured as well as SMARnet, but is there a seperate price componant for CER SW? Thanks for any help!

Hi Jerry,

50,OOO seats WOW! Now that is a major undertaking. Here is the scoop on UCSS;

UCSS = (Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription) Is Cisco's migration from a Cisco Software Application Support plus Upgrades (SASU) contract.

Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription allows you to purchase major software version upgrades of various Cisco Unified Communications products at a reduced cost as a 1-, 2-, or 3-year subscription.

Cisco Unified Communications Software Subscription applies to upgrades for major releases only. (A major release refers to a release of software that provides major architectural changes or major feature enhancements or functions.) Minor and maintenance release updates are a part of Cisco Unified Communications Essential Operate Services and Cisco Unified Communications Select Operate Services. (A minor release refers to an incremental release of software that provides bug fixes and minor feature enhancements. A maintenance release refers to an incremental release of software that provides maintenance fixes.)

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_data_sheet0900aecd804a2bc8.html

Hope this helps! And best of luck with your project.

Rob