cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OCS working with CUPS for RCC, but click to call question

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

So not to be confused with "Click to Call" application for CUCM 7.x.... but when you are in Outlook, click on a contact to call, etc. I know this works with the CUPC client, because it's built into Outlook as a snappin. I know RCC works from the MOC client for the directory or typing in a number manually.

My question is does it work when you right click a contact, say Call, and the skillet pops up to call. From what I have read, it's Outlook 2007, not 2003 works for this. Is that true? I do not have a lab to test this in right now and my customer is only 2003.

Cheers! (fun question right?! )

2 Replies 2

This is my understanding too, though I tore down Outlook 2003 in my lab as well :)

The limitation is basically that Outlook 2003 does not support the "persona" extensions that were introduced with OCS/MOC 2007 to allow voice access. The same limitation applies to the Microsoft EV environments too.

So do think you must have OCS as well and LCS will not work?

5 points for you! Thanks much!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: