Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

office 365 and unity

I am running Unity Connections 8.6 and had to move a couple of users from 0365 back to on premises exchange (2007 or 2010) and now they are receiving multiple email alerts containing voice mails that have been deleted from Unity. Also when deleting voice mails from Unity they do not delete in their outlook account. Any direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

Everyone's tags (2)
3 REPLIES
Silver

Hello phifdd4305, It looks

Hello phifdd4305,

It looks like you have two different issues:

A) When migrating users from Office 365 to On-premises Exchange (2007 or 2010) it causes them to receive multiple email alerts containing voice mails that have been deleted from Unity Connection.

B) Deleting voice mails from Unity Connection does not synchronize on the users Outlook client.

We need to clarify:

+By "voice mails that have been deleted from Unity" do you mean deleted from the Inbox folder or from the Deleted folder which would be like purging the message?

If you do not happen to know how behavior works when synchronizing messages please read the following document:

How Synchronization Works With Outlook Folders

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumgx/85xcucumg020.html#wp1279307

+What exactly do you mean by email alerts? Just regular emails with voice mail attachments? 

+Have you checked the Test Button found on the users UM service account to check the status?

+Are the messages being deleted via the TUI (Telephone User Interface) or the PCA (Personal Communications Assistant // Web Inbox) 

+For the second issue, is this for all users or limited to a certain amount?

Regards,

David

"Do not try to bend the spoon that is impossible, instead only realize the truth. There is no spoon"

-Matrix

Community Member

Hi David,Thanks for the

Hi David,

Thanks for the response. I am in fact having two issues but they both surfaced after the user was moved back to on-prem exchange from 0365. I currently have this affecting two users out of a dozen or so that were moved back from the cloud. Nothing seems to differentiate these two from the others as far as configuration in Unity or Outlook.

Issue A)

When I first heard of the issue I went into the users voice mail account and deleted the messages in the deleted folder and they seemed to have stopped but that seems to reccurr on these users everytime I move them to a different exchange server.

yes, emails with voice mail attachments. This user initially receieved hundreds of emails to the point where is filled her outlook in box up.

I have checked the UM service account and testing is successful and the messages are being deleted via the TUI.

Issue B

This only affects the 2 users that were migrated back from the cloud after issue A appears.

Silver

Hello phifdd4305, For " I

Hello phifdd4305,

For " I went into the users voice mail account and deleted the messages in the deleted folder and they seemed to have stopped but that seems to reoccur on these users every time I move them to a different exchange server." make sure they have been actually synch'd to Exchange as well by closing the Outlook application and logging via OWA to the users mailbox, this will ensure that the Outlook client is not acting up.

If you have a CUC cluster does making the Subscriber Primary affect the behavior?

-dP

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content