cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One Active Directory user wants two Unity MailBox

tiffanydeporter
Level 1
Level 1

I have one user in Active Directory that wants to have two different mail boxes and two phone extensions. He wants everyone in the company to call his primary extension and be able to leave messages. There is another phone with a number for the public to call and leave messages. His primary number has an active directory account but the one for the public does not. I don't want to have to create a generic AD account for this. I would like voicemails from both numbers to go to his email account. So basically 2 voicemail boxes delivered to one email account. Can this be done? How? ... and I am using CUCM and UC 10.5

Thanks

Tiffany

6 Replies 6

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7
Just create a local user with voice mail box on Unity. You don't have to sync from LDAP / UDS, you can even create a local one. And for this local user, just put the public extension, so when a caller will be directed to VM of the public DN, it'll go to this newly created local user.

BradEast1
Level 3
Level 3

You could create a local user in Unity Connection. Both users can be configured with the same Unified Messaging details.

Or you could add an alternate extension to his existing LDAP account and he can record both a standard and internal greeting.

Yeah, actually the Alternate Extension is a better idea. Forgot about it ;)

I may need to clarify something, I didn't really word this correctly. I don't know if this matters but, his LDAP number is his personal number so it's still needs to receive outside calls, and the number that I should make local is a number that is like a main number for general public to call for information. I only mention this because of the standard and internal greeting part. If I add the alternate extension to his LDAP account, would the alternate extension need a mailbox? I ask because currently it has a local account in Unity and they would like to be able to tell which extension it is coming from. When I tried to add the same Unified Messaging details for both I received an error.

[cid:image001.png@01D34BF9.FFD7F7C0]

Sorry the snip didn't come through.

Thanks, Tiffany

Unity error.JPG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: