cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

one pilot point for Unity instalation

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a need for there to be a single pilot point for a Unity installation with multiple Unity servers.

The way it is setup now is that I have two pilot points one for each server. I have to define this in callmanager for every phone that we have in order for forwarded and direct calls to go to the correct unity server.

I have read about cross server login but would this work for my setup.

I can explain further if this is not clear enough. Any suggestions are apprecaited. Thanks

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So when I tested this a year ago :-) It did not matter which server the subscriber was homed on. If you dial 2000 and he was homed on 1000 then the Unity server would dial that server and you would log on to it.

If you dialed 2000 and you were homed on 2000 then everything is normal.

rlp

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

Cross server login is where you have multiple servers in one location and you want all of the servers to look like there is only one server to the user.

Only one login.

There are issues with it though. For instance, delays when logging in. Unity dials the other server to have subscribers log in when homed on the other server. This is transparant but takes time.

This doc is for 405, what version do you have?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/405/networking/guide/ex/net0250.html

rlp

Thanks for the responce I apprecaite it. I understand that cross server login makes it look to the user that there is only one server.

The issue I have is lets say I have 1000 as my pilot point for unity 1. and I have 2000 as pilot point for Unity 2. This is the way that I have every DN set now with a VM profile.

The problem that I have is that we are a school district and there are massive moves every year of thousands of phones. This creates a administration nightmare. So what I want is no matter which Unity server the DN is on it can go to one VM profile(One Pilot point).

I don't know if cross server logon can accomplish this. Or if there is anything else that I can do accept changing VM profiles to point to unity 1 or unity 2. I'm on Unity 4.1.1.

Again thanks for any help.

Jason

So when I tested this a year ago :-) It did not matter which server the subscriber was homed on. If you dial 2000 and he was homed on 1000 then the Unity server would dial that server and you would log on to it.

If you dialed 2000 and you were homed on 2000 then everything is normal.

rlp

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: