Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

One user is getting Delay while accessing voicemail box through IP phone

Hi, I have user who is having problem while trying to access his voicemail box. He is experiencing delay while accessing his voicemail box. It is something like this

"Delay is from when I log in, following PIN number #. then 15 seconds delay....................................................................................then voice says, Message 1. It is also very slow when trying to navigate."

I am using unity version 4.0 and build version 4.0(5). Can someone help me on this issue.

1 REPLY

Re: One user is getting Delay while accessing voicemail box thro

Sounds like you have something running slow on either Unity or Exchange. After the # is entered, Unity then scours the Inbox of the subscribers on Exchange and looks for new and old messages and then reports back a count. "You have x new messages"

- If the server utlization is peaked on either server, this will slow it down. Check processes running on Unity and Exchange

- If your Exchange databases are fragmented, this would cause it run slow.

- DNS problem between Unity and the Exchange server.

- Network congestion may cause this also.

Check your Event Viewer in each server and see if anything sticks out. From what it sounds like, Unity probably needs a reboot.

cheers

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content