cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Only one user can't control Deskphone (CUPC 8.0)

Hi,

I have a user who cannot control his Deskphone. He's the only user who can't.

The message error is : Problem initializing on the Device service. Bad user name or password

I check, two, three times and I can't see where I'm wrong.

Any clue ?

Regards,

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick,

Try the following:

1) log in with that user into another PC that is working ok. If that works, you can rule this out being a client issue, if not move to step 2

2) make sure these settings are good in cucm:
- on device cti control is enabled
- on line cti control is enabled
- (if using EM) cti control enabled on end user
- on end user the device you want to control is associated and primary line is configured
- try to reset the phone
3) what password is this user having? If there are 2-byte or more UTF-8 charachters in there, CUPC 8 will incorrectly send this to ctimanager with first byte only. So this will fail the authentication. There is an ongoing investigation on this, no defect has been opened yet. Though if you have special characters in there that are not present on a default English US keyboard, this will affect you. Simply update to a password without these to see if that works ok.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Patrick,

Try the following:

1) log in with that user into another PC that is working ok. If that works, you can rule this out being a client issue, if not move to step 2

2) make sure these settings are good in cucm:
- on device cti control is enabled
- on line cti control is enabled
- (if using EM) cti control enabled on end user
- on end user the device you want to control is associated and primary line is configured
- try to reset the phone
3) what password is this user having? If there are 2-byte or more UTF-8 charachters in there, CUPC 8 will incorrectly send this to ctimanager with first byte only. So this will fail the authentication. There is an ongoing investigation on this, no defect has been opened yet. Though if you have special characters in there that are not present on a default English US keyboard, this will affect you. Simply update to a password without these to see if that works ok.

Reinstalling the Client solve the problem.

I have a question, the user have is password set to "User Must Change at Next Login" does that can be a problem too ?  I unchecked it before testing on an another client (and working).

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: