Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening greeting call handler issue

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I recently created a new call handler based on opening greeting call handler and kept everything the same, however users not able to dial extension at anytime which they were able to using the opening greeting call handler.

would someone know what setting makes the "dial the extension at anytime" work in the opening greeting?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, not a lot of information to go on here - I'm, in fact, not sure if you're having a problem with the opening greeting call handler itself or the one you built off of it.

The settings you're interested in are on the "user input" page - keys can be locked or left open such that users can "free dial" extensions if they like. Probably a good place to start is reviewing the "Audiotext Applications in Unity" paper out on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - it covers a lot of the details of setting up handlers, audio text trees, restricting dial options and such - you may find it helpful to familiarize yourself with that up front.

thanks for the help.

I am having problem with the one i built, the original one works perfectly fine.

Would you know why a copy would not behave the same way, all i changed was that directory handler could be reached by pressing 1 that is all.

Now when i call that handler and try to enter an extension, i get a message back saying, sorry i did not understand that as a valid entry or something.

Thanks

It's really hard for me to guess what might be wrong - it doesn't sound like a call handler issue it sounds like you're dialing an extension that doesn't exist. That prompt is played _after_ you dial an extension and it is unable to find it among the handlers and subscribers on the system. Unless one of the user input keys is set to "locked" then this is not likely a call handler configuration issue. But of course that's just a guess.

StrikerTS
Level 1
Level 1

Check to make sure in the "Greetings" Section of the call handler and make sure "Allow user input" is checked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: