cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Operations Manager v.2.0.2

Matt Domnick
Level 1
Level 1

Environment: 4 node cluster, with dedicated Pub and TFTP Server and 2 active Subscribers. We use a large quantity of Vg248s and 224s and have 2 PSTN gateways with 4 PRIs.

I am having trouble getting OP to Monitor all the devices. I am well under the limits of the software; 153 registered phones and 79 Total Devices; under Service Level View I click thru the Device Tree and I have a large quantity of grayed devices showing only IP address and not device names; this indicates they are not being monitored. What do I need to do to get them monitored? I have tried using Cisco Works DCR for Device Selection as well as Automatic and choosing "Voice and Telephony."

I've even tried adding a few 248s manually, but still show up grayed out.

Need advise.

Thanks.

M-

1 Reply 1

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

Operations Manager uses similar calculations to diagnose both repeated restarts and flapping. Operations Manager considers a system to be restarting repeatedly when it performs too many cold or warm starts over a short period of time. Table H-1 lists the elements, traps, and user-defineable parameters that Operations Manager uses to calculate repeated restarts.