Views
Helpful
Replies

Pager Notification Extra Digits

k6lw
Level 4
Level 4

Unity 4.2.1

Just upgraded to 4.2.1 from 4.1.1 and the extra digits portion for pager notification appears to have stopped working. I have extra digits programmed to send 411*XXXX*411#. (Replacing the XXXX with the mailbox number.) I can leave a message in my box and watch Unity dial my pager number, wait 5 seconds and then transmit the extra digits. My pager just shows 41. I can manually call my pager and enter the exact same string and the pager displays the entire string. I've tried changing the "Try to detect connection" and also changed the number of seconds to delay sending without any change in the pager displayed message. (I've tried 2,3,4,and 5 seconds delay.) This was working properly with 4.1.1. Any ideas on how to get this feature back?

Also is there any way to include the caller id of the person leaving the message with the pager string? (My old voicemail could do this)

Lee

6 Replies 6

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your upgrade to 4.2 also gave you a new TSP, 8.1(2). That TSP has this bug: CSCsd62915 "Unity Pager notification fails with CCM and H323 GW"

There is an ES version of the TSP that fixes this. TAC should be able to confirm you're hitting the bug and provide the ES.

Regards,

Eric

Apparently this is what is causing the problem. Workaround is to add commas to the end of the digit string. (I added 5 commas to my string and the pager now shows all of the transmitted digits)

So other than opening each and every mailbox attempting to locate who is using the pager feature, is there a way to query the data base for those subscribers that have pager notification turned on so that I can add the commas?

(Unity 4.3.81 supposedly fixes the TSP problem, but it isn't available on the download page yet.)

Lee

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Subscriber Information Dump (you'll find it in the tools depot on your desktop) will dump out all the notification devices if you want - it includes if they are active and what their number (or email address) is. Should do what you want there...

Thanks Jeff. Not exactly clean but faster than watching the port status and then changing the accounts that showed up. (Management by exception ;>)

For Part two. Were or how can I change the additional digits to include the caller ID of the person leaving the message?

Lee

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The fix will be available on Cisco.com when TSP 8.1(3) is released. That should happen at the same time as Connection 1.2, which I believe is later this month. Or, as I said before, you can get the fix in an ES version of 8.1(2) today by working with TAC.

-Eric

Eric;

My Support folks decided that since the work-around corrected the issue that I'd be better off just adding the commas than installing the ES and possibly opening up yet another can of worms.

Off Topic: With Call Manager finally moving to the realm of an "appliance", any chance Unity will follow?

e.g. Linux based?

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: