cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pager Notification on cell phones

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.2.1, VM only, Centrex integration.

I have users who want to set up pager notification to their cell phones when the get a voice mail message. This was accomplished on the old Voice Mail system by setting up notification as the following:

18008566122ppp1234567890pppp3541234#p1

Where the 1800 number is the Cingular's Wireless Interactive Message Service, 1234567890 is phone number where the message is to be sent, 3541234 is the numberic message, 1 is the command to send the message and p is a one second pause. In Unity the pager notification only allows for one set of extra digits with a pause. I think I may need to set up a SMPP server with the cingular but the set up for sms notification does not allow any extra digits and pauses.

Thanks for any help.

Beth

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Beth,

One solution would be to use the Text Pager option to send a notification to the email address associated with the phone.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

In Unity you can use "," (comma) for a half second pause anywhere in the dial strings - the two dial strings are intended to imply that we're doing call progress after dialing the first number before dialing the 2nd. So you could accomplish the same thing in much the same way. However clearly sending a text message or SNMP is far more reliable than dialing long strings of digits with pauses in there if you can go that route.