Views
Helpful
Replies

Partner Server Upgrade

tonyw1538
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.0(3) on Windows 2000, UM.

I intend to upgrade my partner server from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003, and the partner server's OS from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003.

As I understand things, from Unity's perspective I merely need to install the Exchange 2003 Administrative Tools, replacing the Exchange 2000 tools, on the Unity server.

My questions are:

May I do the tools upgrade a couple of weeks in advance? I am able to successfully administer Exchange 2000 servers with the Exchange 2003 tools, can Unity behave that way as well? My goal is to minimize the amount of work to be done on the day of the upgrade.

In a couple of weeks we will be updating the AD forest functional level to Windows 2003 -- will this have any effect on Unity?

I do understand that this version of Unity itself needs to remain on Windows 2000.

1 Reply 1

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tony,

A bit of a surprise to see query related to Unity 4.0 :) , as per the Unity 4.0.3 Install guide "The version of administration software that you install must be the same as the version of Exchange installed on the partner Exchange server." So , what you are trying to do is not a supported scenario. However, whether it will disrupt the entire communication between Unity and Exchange or allow the system to work normally during these couple of weeks is not tested or documented. Unless you have a very strong reason for going with this plan ( with the backing of your Cisco team ) you should avoid this.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: