cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password, unknown extension, and templates

latter123
Level 1
Level 1

We are using Unity 4.2.1. In subscriber info I am able to set no password required when calling from my own extension.

However I cannot set this on the subsriber template as a default.

Why not?

We create/delete 200-300 hundred subscribers a day. Bulk edit is not an option. Why is it not in the template?

9 Replies 9

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Because it's not considered secure as a default setting and as such it was not an option by default on the templatees. The security team weilds a pretty big stick...

why is BulkEdit not an option?

We are a hotel. Hundreds of VM boxes are created / deleted per day, all at different times of the day.

No hotel guest wants to enter a pw in their room but requires a pw when they dial in from outside their room.

This is how the hospitality industry works.

Thanks for your quick reply. Sorry but I am a little frustrated by this. We are at this very moment installing the new CISCO 4.1 system. All of our contacts at CISCO that sold us this system seem amazed that we want such a thing. I tell them I'm amazed that they could sell into the Hospitality market and not know this or can't handle it.

Forgive my testiness over this but I have been up for many hours for the install process. Otherwise it's going fine.

Are you using the Bellhop service to check rooms in/out? Or doing this manually?

We are using the Bellhop service. We are using Percipia to communicate with Bellhop.

If it is a security issue, perhaps only that Bellhop template should make this feature available to the Hotel market?

It's causing much unfavorable feedback not to have it.

I can probably add it as an option to Bellhop itself - I can't add it as an option to a general tempalte in Unity itself (the Bellhop service is a seperate application). I'l check into it Monday morning and see if I can add a checkbox that will allow hotel guests to access their messages without entering a PW whn calling from their room number.

Can you tell me which Bellhop version you're running?

The latest version from the web. I would tell you but Unity is down at the moment and I've been here all weekend trying to solve migration issues.

Thanks for your support on this.

Looks like this should be doable - I'll need to grab some QA test cycles after I wrap it up before posting a new version for this - you can ping me off line (lindborg at cisco dot com) and I can send you an updated version of the Bellhop service to work with when its ready to go.

I will email you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: