cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX Integration Supervised Transfer Issue

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

We are running an Avaya G3R V9.5 with Unity 3.1(6). I have read lots of posts on this, but still cannot get this to work on our Unity system. If I pick up a PBX call and want to transfer it to another persons voicemail greeting, the way I understand it, I should be able to press transfer the persons extension then #2. Is this correct or have I missed the ball completely? Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unless you've done some specific configuration on your PBX, I would not expect this to work. When you press transfer you should get dialtone from the PBX. When you dial the extension, the person's phone should start to ring. Unity is not yet involved here. If you dial the #2 immediately after the extension, I imagine the PBX will ignore it.

The most generic way to transfer someone directly to a particular mailbox without ringing an extension is as follows...

- initiate the transfer (press transfer button)

- dial Unity's pilot number (or press a VM button)

- if prompted for password, press *

- if prompted for ID, press #

- at opening greeting dial the extension, immediately followed by #2

- release the transfer (typically by hanging up)

Many phone systems may offer short-cuts to this but they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Perhaps someone else can give you hints specific to the Avaya G3.

Regards,

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: