Helpful
Replies

Permission wizard not starting

david.malaure
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to install a unity 4.0.5.

I have downloaded Permissions Wizard 4.0(3)+ and installed it. When I try to start it, nothing happens except two errors in my eventlog :

First one :

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Application Error

Event Category: (100)

Event ID: 1000

Date: 11/05/2006

Time: 16:37:18

User: N/A

Computer: SRVUNITY

Description:

Faulting application PermissionWizard.exe, version 2.1.0.32, faulting module mfc42u.dll, version 6.6.8063.0, fault address 0x000a58d2.

And the other :

Event Type: Information

Event Source: DrWatson

Event Category: None

Event ID: 4097

Date: 11/05/2006

Time: 16:37:18

User: N/A

Computer: SRVUNITY

Description:

The application, D:\permwiz\PermissionWizard.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 05/11/2006 @ 16:37:18.340 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 4FF758D2 (MFC42u!Ordinal6787)

If anyone can help me with this... thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you are logged in with the correct Unity account. If you have not gone through and setup all your UnityInstall, UnityAdmin, UnityMsgStrSVC, Unity Directory services account, and applied them correctly everywhere they need to be, Unity will fail the permissions wizards.

check out the Unity page for more info..

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_PW_403.htm

cheers

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Have you tried running the permissions wizard from the Unity 4.0(5) CD1?

Ginger

david.malaure
Level 1
Level 1

>tcatlinins :

I've created the accounts and given the rights they should have.

>gkavan :

I thought I had to use the latest release of the Permissions wizard, that's why I downloaded this one. The Permissions wizard on the Unity CD is working. Should I try to make the Permissions wizard 4.0.3+ working or just use the one on the Unity 4.0.5 CD1 ?

Hi again -

I would use the CD version, since that is working for you. I'd have to check my old 4.0(5) CD1 to see what the version is and compare to the 4.0(3)+ one available on ciscounitytools.com to see if there was a difference. I'm thinking you should be OK to go. There may have been a problem with the download.

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: