cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Communicator actions unavailable

waldvoge
Level 1
Level 1

I have personal communicator running, the users can log in. The server health shows Logon Server,Phone Configuration, Presence, Softphone, Voicemail, and LDAP all green sucessful login. However I cannot add contacts to groups through actions menu, and search does not find any users.

When I access cups as a user though the web browser, I can add a contact but the phonenumber is not available. Once I add the contact I can use instant messaging but I get an error no valid phone number was found when I click to call.

Any ideas

Thanks

6 Replies 6

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you setup the LDAP connection in the Presence server? If not, this is what you need to do use the "search". The CUPC client connects to the LDAP source and pulls that info down. Also, make sure you are connected to a Global Catalog server. For whatever reason, the LDAP querry does not work on the Domain Controller. (Active Directory)

I setup the LDAP connection on the Presence server and the server health shows that I am connected to the LDAP server (Microsoft AD, I set it to use global catalog port 3268). Personal Communicator does not show any of the user data when you select show my profile.

Also I am using Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition 6.01 and Unified Presence Server 6.01

Found a LDAP tool to test my search context - fixed the context string and that fixed my problem. Thanks for your input.

That was my next question to you.. could you bind with a third party tool. I usually test with

Softera LDAP browser

cheers!

What did you do to "fix" your context string? I believe I'm having a similar problem.

Thanks.

Which context string?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: