Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Communicator Incorrect lookup info external numbers

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We're in the process of deploying Personal Communicator 8 with Presence 8 and have had some strange things happen.  At certian times if someone dials an outside number that has the same last 4 digits as an internal person, CUPC will show the internal name and number.  This also happens for incoming external calls as well.  CUPS is LDAP integrated to AD and the telephone number it uses is the 4 digit extension.  I'm guessing some directory look up rules need to be defined but I've not found and good documentation to explain how to properly configure them.  I've already created appliciation dial rules to allow people to dial out.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you are testing with CUPC 8.0 MR2 aka 8.0(3), version below that are affected by CSCtf29722 Directory Lookup Rules used for outbound calls. Though from what you are describing it seems to be a display issue rather than a call failure

For how application dial rules work there are some good examples in the cucimoc documentation. The principle remains the same regardless of the product you use. Keep in mind that application dial rules are for translation number from the directory format to the format CallManager understands and directory lookup rules do the opposite: from CallManager number format to the format that the directory will understand. Also remember that a dial rule will stop processing once it matches a hit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: