Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Communicator Phone Out of Service

Sajeel145
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

When i try to make a call from personal Communicator, it shows "outgoing call failure (Phone out of service)".

I checked all the setting in callmanager and presence.After dialling callmanager reply with SIP: 400 bad request.

3 Replies 3

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Sajeel,

This looks like a configuration issue so to investigate it further you can check:

- detailed cucm traces

- sniffer trace between cupc and cucm so you can review the sip traffic

If you want to verify configuration first then I would:

1) try to make the same call from the ip phone of this user

2) check the partition/css settings on the soft phone (compare to the hard phone if that one works)

3) verify in the sip invite from the sniffer that the  called party is correct (if not, check if application dial rules are affecting your dialing)

Hi Bvanturn

I checked my configurations again and again.No hard phone is associated with that Personal Communicator.When i call to personal Communicator device its successful.But when call from personal Comm to any number its failed.

In sniffer i got SIP message from Callmanager with this error "400 Bad Request".

When i associate hardphone with personal Communicator device and deskphone is selected then every outgoing & incoming call successfull.

Sometime when that personal comm device lregistered for long time it starts every outgoing call successful.But after register again same issue.

Can you send me any sample configuration for personal Communicator device in Callmager and Presence???

Thanks

Regards

Sajeel

Hello Experts

we are facing this issue again with another user. Can someone guide us in this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Sajeel Akram