Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone and GUI Languages

Unity 4.2. It's installed with both English and Spanish languages. I've followed this document to make sure all the places that the languages could be set, are set - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008014f9a5.html

My problem is that when a caller gets to Unity, they hear "Hello: Cisco Unity Messaging System. From a touch tone phone... ", in English. But when they press 4 for the directory, the prompt is in Spanish. How do I get the first prompt in Spanish too? I understand that personalized greetings need to be recorded in the language of choice, but this is a system prompt, no?

Also, the default GUI language is set to Spanish, but logging into ciscopca is in English. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Phone and GUI Languages

The opening greeting you're hearing is not a system prompt, it's a custom greeting - that's the issue. By default when you install Unity the first language selected (usually US English) is the language used for the voice names and greetings on the opening greeting call handler, operator call handler and example administrator accounts created by setup.

If you install other languages it's normal practice to create multiple opening greetings (in Connection you can have multiple language greetings on a single call handler) for each language supported and route calls to those handlers based on dialed number or the like.

If you wish the opening greeting to be in Spanish, you need to record your own greeting in Spanish. If you really want to canned default greeting in Spanish, you can fish it off the install media and past it in there using the media master control in the SA if you wish.

Re: Phone and GUI Languages

My mistake. That greeting was a custom greeting. That is now recorded in spanish.

But what about prompts such as - "Enter your password, followed by pound" when pressing the messages button or the welcome message during self-enrollment?

You said the first language selected is the default language used for voice names and greetings etc. Both Spanish and English were selected during the installation, but English was left as the default. So, since this server is being built for a spanish speaking company by an English-only speaking installer, am I now SOL? My hope was to do everything I needed in English then change all the defaults over to Spanish. But I see that's not working out. What options do I have? Please help!

Views
Helpful
Replies