Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Phone conversation Recording

Good Morning Community,

We have a Cisco Unified CallManager version 4.2. still working good. I just got recent request and I am not sure how or if its possible to  do it.

The request is: when people call in to a number, they need to hear a welcoming messaging and warning them that the call will be monitor or record then ring for staff to answer or options to different people in the department to transfer.

Once staff answer start recording the call.

The question is: Its possible to record a incoming call and do this request within this version of callmanager or need of a third party to work together with this version.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

• Unified Communications Applications
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

That requires 3rd party HW,

That requires 3rd party HW, CUCM cannot play the recording nor can it record, but I'm not sure you'll find something compatible with that release.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Thank you for the information

Thank you for the information. I have been reading about it and seems like that's what we would need to do. The problem that we have is that we dont want to really do major changes to our current CUCM because is running windows 2000, and there is not support on it in case of something happen. Basically we are just hanging in there. 

Do you happen to know if major changes are required on the CUCM side or reboots?

Thanks

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Jaimie is correct (+5) ,

Jaimie is correct (+5) , there are many 3rd party call recording solutions, but CUCM version 4.2 is about 12 years old and long unsupported, this was in fact Windows version, a platform Cisco moved away from around 12 years ago, so it is very unlikely you will find compatible solution.

Thank you Chris, yes I

Thank you Chris, yes I inherit to manage this system and I have been mange it basically just adding, removing names and extensions, but not major changes. Since this 4.2 version is been outdated long ago, I am little bit scare of making major changes and CUCM wont survive.

Views
Helpful
Replies