Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone Firmware

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I'm having an issue where I'm trying to upload new phone firmware to our CUCM nodes and it's not showing up. Once I start the process and it uploads the software it says that the upload was complete and then I restart the TFTP service and then I look at device defaults and it's still the same firmware as before. Then I go and check in the TFTP File Management and it does show up so can someone shed some light on what they may think I'm doing wrong. Thanks in advance and I look forward to your reply.

Eric                  

7 Replies 7

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

I would check the readme file for that particular Firmware. Sometimes you need to upgrade to an intermediate version before you can upgrade to the latest release.

Please rate helpfull answers!

I just read the release note and I shouldn't have to do an interim upgrade the file that I'm currently running on my phones that are 7942 are SCCP42.9-2-1SR2S and I'm just trying to go to SCCP.9-3-1SR2-1

For all SCCP firmware upgrades from firmware release versions earlier than 8.3(3) to Version 9.3(1) or

later, you must first upgrade your phone firmware to an intermediate version (8.3(3) to 8.5(2)) and then

upgrade to 9.3(1).

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

Just to add a note to the good pointers from Amine (+5)

Did you load the new firmware via?

Unified Communications Operating System Administration.

Software Upgrades > Install/Upgrade.

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Hey Rob

I sure did, that's the way that I've done it before but I spoke to a TAC Engineer and he told me to make sure that the software was loaded on the server and I ran the Show Version active Command and I do see them there.

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

If the install was sucessfull, you should be able to find the new load file under TFTP File Management. Try searching all .loads files to make sure you are not missing any thing. The exact name of the file should be used without .loads when configuring the new firmware at the phone configuration page or under device defaults.

Try configuring the the new firmware for only one phone, restart TFTP, reset the phone and browse the web page of the phone to see what error messages are related to downloading the new firmware.

Please rate helpfull answers!

Also, ensure your device defaults changed accordingly under device defaults page.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eric,

Just to be sure.....you used the cop.sgn files? Also look at the naming

conventions for each file.

Cheers!

Rob

"A smile relieves a heart that grieves" 

- Stones

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: