cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone pswds can't be changed from TUI or SA

scottl216
Level 1
Level 1

I am running Unity 4.0 4 with Domino for unified messaging. The situation started when one user could not access VM through the TUI, kept getting pswd invalid. I attempted to reset pswd from SA page but change isn't saving. Have tested multiple user accts that can access their VM through the TUI but no one can change their current pswd. Any ideas? I can't even delete the user to re-add them.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the app logs for warnings or errors. Post them if you have any during the time you tried to change the password.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is the User cannot change password box checked in SA under Phone Password?

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Check the app logs for warnings or errors. Post them if you have any during the time you tried to change the password.

scottl216
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed the issue. The Lotus/Domino team had removed the Delete permission, from the names.nsf file, inadvertently not knowing the ramifications it would cause. This caused a slow steady decline with unity. First symptoms started as users having to have pswds reset, then to the message server being offline, to finally the phone pswds couldn't be changed by anyone. All was resolved by granting the delete permission again. Thanks for the help on this!