Replies

Phone's Web Access Page is Not Loading

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager: 8.6.2.24901-1
Device: Cisco Wireless IP Phone CP-7925G

One of our 7925 IP Phone's is having some connectivity issues. And yesterday I was looking through the Web Access page of the phone, checking out Network Profiles, logs, etc...

Now today, when I tried to get back to any web page belonging to that phone NOTHING will load in any browser I've tried. If I check the device in CallManager it says it's connected/Registered and I've double checked the Web Access settings are ALL enabled as well. When I click on the IP Address displaying for that phone in CallManager, it opens a new tab in my Firefox and after about 20 seconds or so I see the message:
        "Problem loading page... The connection was reset"

I've tried both Restarting and Resetting the phone, but neither seem to help... Also, I can ping the phone without any issues as well.

If anyone has any ideas, please feel free!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, just the USB cable. Usually the web page takes a little bit to load but if the phone is unregistered it  might be an issue with the network. Logs should tell you more. 

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Try IE. I have seen similar issues with FF.

Hey George, thanks for the reply!

Yea, I tried IE earlier and also got a similar error to the Firefox one... But currently the phones are Unregistered at that location, since I was mentioning in my OP that they were having some flakey network issues. But as soon as they re-register I'll try again in IE and let you know what happens.

I wonder if I should have them connect the phone to USB and try to reconfigure the network profiles that way... Do you know if you can view the phone's logs while it's connected to USB? Also, the only thing you need for connecting to a PC is the USB cord of course, and a USB driver from Cisco.com, is that right?

Thanks again for the reply!

Thanks,

Matt

Correct, just the USB cable. Usually the web page takes a little bit to load but if the phone is unregistered it  might be an issue with the network. Logs should tell you more. 

Ok cool, thanks George!

One more question. Since they are in a remote location, I was going to have them connect the phone to a PC with the USB cable, then I was going to VNC in and configure the phone that way. My question is, is it possible to do a factory reset from the PC/USB interface? Or does that have to be done directly from the phone itself?

Thanks Again,

Matt

AFAIK, you cant. You have to do it from the phone.I dont have a phone in front of me but if you have an option to reset to factory default from the web page, that would be the way to go. PS: You might have to factory reset to even use the USB cable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/administration/guide/7925cfgu.html#wpxref97127

Ok gotcha... Yea, I'll look for that on the Web Access Page if I can ever get back to it. Otherwise, I'll just talk the person in the remote location through the process. If it's as simple as the 7941/7961/etc, then we should be ok for the reset. I think this is it? --> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7925g/7_0/english/administration/guide/7925trb.html#wp1119893

As for the link you posted, after reading that it does kind of ring a bell... Definitely get a bit of DeJavu when reading over it, I'm sure it will come back to me once I'm into it.

I do have a PDF (*which is a section from another PDF) with the title "Chapter 4: Using the Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G Web Pages", which has sections for: Configuring USB Settings, Network Profiles, Updating Phone Remotely, Trace Settings, etc...

So I think that PDF (*and your link) will be my guide(s) on this...

Thanks Again for the reply, much appreciated!

Thanks,

Matt

Got the issue sorted out. Was having some trouble with the WiFi in that location and the Wireless IP Phone kept dropping from the network. Fixed the wifi and all seems better now.

Thanks for the replies!

Thanks Again,

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: