Views
Helpful
Replies

Phonebook groups in CAD 4.5.1.5?

NickyPrecht
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a way to create groups in the phone book (Make Call)?

If not, is there any way to program a much nicer phone book that can use the agent to call?

If only it could be maximized...

Perhaps a newer version has an improved phonebook?

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

IPCC Express (3.x) the phonebook was a .CSV file in the Desktop_config/config folder. In IPCC Express 4.X, phonebooks are saved internally and not as a .CSV file.

jarmitage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Nicky,

Have you tried using the "Notes" field for your groups?

You can click on any of the column headings from the "Make a call" screen to sort by that field.

Also, if you're inclined to use keyboard over the mouse, Alt-P will move you to the first entry in your phone book. Typing the first few letters of the entry skips directly to that entry.

Cheers,

-James.

Hi

Yes I have tried the notes field.

I even added extra fields to the phonebook, but it is not enough.

The phonebook window is fixed in size and there isn't a lot of room for extra columns.

The problem is that I need to call secondlevel groups. There is several for windows, *nix, applications and at night the numbers change.

Therefore I need to group them somehow.

I need some kind of API og a better phonebook for that

Hi Nicky,

I feel your pain. The newer versions of CAD don't seem to have any improvements to the personal phone book over the version you're running.

The only workaround I can think of for your case would be to use the integrated web browser (if that's enabled on your version).

If you export your contacts into a table, you can use the Prototype javascript library to make it sortable.

There's a live demo here: http://www.millstream.com.au/upload/code/tablekit/

Cheers,

-James.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: