cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIMG and AvayG3 going to wrong mailbox

robluechtefeld
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.2(1) system that is integrated with call manager 4.1.3 and with an Avaya G3r via pimg units. This system is in a testing phase and not all Avaya and VoIP users are on this new system.

Everything seems to be working properly with the exception when an Avaya user calls another Avaya user where both parties are on the Unity platform and the call rolls to voicemail. When this happens Unity will send call to the CALLING party's voicemail and will prompt for their password.

When I look at the call logs on the PIMG units, I see both the calling and called party numbers, with the calling party number listed first.

Keep in mind that if a Avaya subscriber that does not have a Unity mailbox calls an Avaya aubscriber that does have a Unity mailbox everything works fine.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Luechtefeld

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like Unity does not understand the calls coming in from the PIMG. You can watch the call viewer on Unity to see the calls coming in live. They will show you what the call type was "fwd, ring no answer" etc. This will give you an idea of what the Avaya switch is sending the PIMG. PIMG may be thinking that it was a direct call to Unity which is why you are getting the "please enter your password" greeting after 4 rings to voicemail. Check to see how Unity handles Direct Calls and Fwd Calls in SA. You could have something out of order on this page also.

Also, this is common, check to see that your Subscribers are homed into the correct Integration. IF your Avaya subscriber had VM, they should be on the PIMG integration, not CCM. Check their Profile page near the bottom for "Integration".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

are you emulating a 7434ND ??

The stations in the hunt group on the Avaya are set for 7405ND, which is a numeric display phone also. For some reason, the PBX won't accept a 7435ND.

I worked with the Avaya admin this morning and we now have the hunt group stations set for 7434ND. The problem is still occuring.

I've captured the SIP messages between the PIMG and the Unity server. I captured the SIP Invite on one of the failing calls. Station 1210 is the calling part and station 1253 is the Called party. Here is the SIP portion of that capture

Session Initiation Protocol

Request-Line: INVITE sip:1131@192.168.39.35:5060;Transport=udp SIP/2.0

Method: INVITE

Resent Packet: False

Message Header

From:"1210"<1210>;user=phone;vnd.pimg.port=2;tag=2AD3324631353641002752BF

SIP Display info: "1210"

SIP from address: sip:1210@192.168.39.27:5060

SIP tag: 2AD3324631353641002752BF

To:"1131"<1131>

SIP Display info: "1131"

SIP to address: sip:1131@192.168.39.35:5060

Content-Type:application/sdp

Diversion: <1253> ;reason=no-answer

Call-ID:01B22AFB3C81400000005B8A@pbxgw.default.com

CSeq:1 INVITE

Allow-Events:refer,message-summary

Expires:120

Via:SIP/2.0/UDP 192.168.39.27:5060

Contact Binding: <1210>

URI: <1210>

SIP contact address: sip:1210@192.168.39.27:5060

User-Agent:PBX-IP Media Gateway

Max-Forwards:70

Supported:100rel,timer,replaces

Content-Length:294

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like Unity does not understand the calls coming in from the PIMG. You can watch the call viewer on Unity to see the calls coming in live. They will show you what the call type was "fwd, ring no answer" etc. This will give you an idea of what the Avaya switch is sending the PIMG. PIMG may be thinking that it was a direct call to Unity which is why you are getting the "please enter your password" greeting after 4 rings to voicemail. Check to see how Unity handles Direct Calls and Fwd Calls in SA. You could have something out of order on this page also.

Also, this is common, check to see that your Subscribers are homed into the correct Integration. IF your Avaya subscriber had VM, they should be on the PIMG integration, not CCM. Check their Profile page near the bottom for "Integration".

Thanks for the response. This pointed us in the right direction to solve the problem.

A rule created for an earlier problem was in the wrong place in the routing.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: