Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

PIMG Issue

Running a dual integration with Call Manager 4.1 , Avaya V11.5 G3R PBX (with 5 digital PIMG units), and Unity 4.1 with off box Exchange 2k3. We have a long delay between PBX to PIMG calls from tie line (off site) locations. Local site calls work as advertised with all data and timeframes acceptable. The off site PBX's are where the problem lies. The PIMG's answer the call from the hunt group and quit ringing, then waits 20 soconds of silence before it passes the call to Unity. This is due to the PIMG not picking up the calling name/ANI of the calling party. Is there somewhere I can change this timeout to not wait so long? Any help you can give would be very much appreciated.

Paul

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: PIMG Issue

See CSCsd48815. The problem occurs when the PIMG cannot find a numeric Calling Number in the display. If possible, you need to configure your PBX so that it forces some number (any number will do) into the display for these calls. For example, if the display is showing the trunk 'name' then adding a numeric character to that name could be a workaround.

-Eric

Thanks Eric! This fixed the issue. Many thanks!

Paul

Hi Eric,

OK, well I spoke a little too soon. Putting a number in the name field resolved some of the issue, but we are still coming up with "unknown name" on some of the other trunks. I understand this is on the list of things fixed for Unity Version 4.3. Are there some registry settings or an ES that we can apply in the interim on our 4.1 system. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Paul

Cisco Employee

If the display is showing exactly "unknown name" every time, then you can add a translation rule to the PIMG config that replaces this name with a numeric value. To do this...

- Export the config to an .ini file using the PIMG web admin

- Open the .ini file with notepad and look for a section labeled ;-CPID RULES.

- Add the following line to the end of this section:

tran src_name |unknown name|2065551212

- save the file and import it back into the PIMG

Note that the "unknown name" text must be an exact match and it is case sensitive. You can use what ever numeric value you want in place of the 2065551212.

If you want more help with this, I recommend opening a TAC case. Currently there is no ES planned for this bug but that might change with enough TAC cases attached to it.

-Eric

Eric, you "da man"! That fixed us up for now. I have a TAC case open, just needed a faster fix. I will make sure to keep it open until a ES is released.

Thanks again!

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content