cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIMG Programming Question

pjt8537
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Personal CO line on an Avaya PBX that is not transmitting the called party number back to the PIMG. Therefore, it does not know what mailbox to go to. IT does report the Name of the CO line as the Calling party. Is there a way to trick the PIMG to associate the Calling party name to go to a specific voicemail extension?

Thanks,

Paul

9 Replies 9

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you know the number coming through? if you know the digits coming through the avaya is giving the PIMG, you could add an Alternate Number to that profile and see if it works. Use the Call Viewing in Unity Tools and watch the call come in.

No number is coming through. That is the issue. Just the calling party name is coming through as well as the answering disposition (No Answer). Nothing else.

I think there is an option in the Avaya switch that has to be turned on so the digits come through. I had this problem with Avaya and dialogic cards. The digits were not coming through. There is some code that has to be turned on in the PBX for this to happen. I can't remember what it was... sorry...

Thanks. All other extensions from this switch work. It is definitely related to the Personal CO line not passing digits. There must be a way in the PIMG .ini file to convert the name which is being passed as the calling party to a 4-digit extension so that Unity knows where to send the call. Anyone else run into this yet?

Thanks,

Paul

The config.ini file should have a section that starts off with

;-CPID RULES

At the bottom of this section, try adding a line such as

tran src_name |My CO|1212

Where "My CO" is the exact text displayed for your personal CO line and 1212 is the number of your choice. Hopefully that'll do the trick for you.

Regards,

Eric

Thanks Eric, I can manipulate that part and get the Calling parties number to change, but Unity still needs a called (destination) number to know what mailbox to send it to. Is there a way to associate the calling party with a called party number? Maybe the tran dst_name field?

Thanks,

Paul

Ah sorry, I misunderstood. Yes, I think you can use 'tran dst_name' to translate the called name .

Thanks Eric. I was able to manipulate the sending name in the PIMG as you first suggested. I then created a custom direct routing rule in Unity to pick it up and send it to the correct greeting/mailbox. Thanks again for all of the help. Just had to get my thinking in line on how best to make it happen.

Paul

I had another problem with the PIMG and my Rolm system. I had a couple of people with names like "robert ward" and for whatever reason, when the name came from the Rolm pbx to the PIMG, it would not recongize his number. But if we changed his display name to R ward on the PBX, the PIMG started to pick it up and work properly. Something in the pharsing was causing it to not trigger the voicemail, even though everyone else worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: