cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIMG Upgrade OK?

Beth Verish
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity Connection version 7.1.2ES9.21900-9 with x6 analog PIMGs (DMG1008LS) running software version 6.0.1.21.  About once a week a port goes bad on a PIMG.  Can not always restart a PIMG to fix, although does not alway remedy, so I have AT&T busy the bad port.  I see there is a new version of software up on the Cisco website, version 6.0.SU3.2.  Is it ok to load on Unity Connection V 7.1?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Beth,

Yes, I would feel safe using this new version (as Tray notes in the

attached thread the versions don't post until they have been tested

with the Cisco UC products).

I would also look at the Bug that Tommer nicely notes that references the Port

Lock-ups. And the need to upgrade to Unity Connection 7.1(3x)

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3010391#3010391

Cheers!

Rob

Ron,

Thanks so much for the prompt response. We have been suffering with PIMGs for a year now. We are moving users to VoIP but will probably have to keep one PIMG in the end. I hope to do the upgrade this weekend.

Beth

Hi Ron,

Not trying to be too paranoid but I noticed there is an extra file in this version, ls_6.0.SU3.2.002.pkg.  Is this new with 6.0SU3.2?

Thanks again!

Beth

Hey Beth,

No worries

The *.pkg file is a package file that is a bundle of all of the runtime files associated with the new release for the specific model. This file allows the user to upgrade all of the runtime models (e.g. *.app, *,dsp, *.fsh, etc.) with the download of a single file. Note: This file can only be used when upgrading from a unit that is running Version 6.0 or greater.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: