Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Place caller direct to users mailbox with Unity Connection and PCTR

Is there any way a caller can dial a specific pattern to force a call directly to a users voice mailbox? I have done this with Unity but Unity Connection with PCTR presents a new problem. The customer I am working with wants to be able to force any call to a mailbox just by dialing a specific pattern and then the person extension, specifically *XXXX.

When the pattern above is dialed, by default, the call is handled by Unity Connection and sent back to the users phone.

Basically, I need a configuration that will allow a specific pattern to be dialed to ignore PCTR and send the call to a mailbox.

1 REPLY

Re: Place caller direct to users mailbox with Unity Connection a

you need to add an additional "phone number" (under a specific user > edit > phone numbers) to each users mailbox (i.e. 82107) with the 8 being added to an assumed 4-digit dial plan. Then you need to route an 8xxxx dial-peer or route pattern to Unity Connection from the gateway or callmanager respectively. Works well!

Views
Helpful
Replies