Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLAR using E/M inferfaces at different sites

Good morning to all of you.

I am a beginner on Voip world. Please help me.

I have following schema:

The two routers 3945 have CME installed.

I desire that phone PLAR1 call PLA3 and viceversa dipending on wich is the first.

The same will happen for PLA2 and PLAR4.

Please anybody could help me with configuration on two routers?

Many thanks.

Giorgio.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Giorgio,

PSTN Call Switching with No DNIS (FXO Trunks)

If the office has only FXO trunks, no DNIS (or DID) capability is  technically possible. This scenario is very common for a small  standalone office or a small branch of a bigger network that has only a  few business lines from the local CO.

Because no dialed digits (DNIS) are available on FXO trunks, these calls  must be autoterminated on a predetermined destination (most often the  AA or the receptionist's extension) — or these calls must ring all  phones that have the line appearance on them (in Key-system mode). This  can be achieved with a private line automatic ringdown (PLAR)  configuration on the voice port where a particular destination extension  is associated with the trunk, and all calls arriving on that trunk are  switched as if they had dialed the configured extension. This syntax is  shown in the following configuration example, where all calls arriving  on the FXO trunk on slot 1/0/0 are switched as if they had dialed  extension 6800.

voice-port 1/0/0

connection plar opx 6800

Most small offices have multiple FXO trunks to the PSTN because each  trunk can carry only a single call. One or more PSTN numbers may be  associated with these trunks or this trunk group, depending on the PSTN  service the business subscribes to. Generally, there are two  possibilities:

A single PSTN main office number—In  this configuration, all calls from the PSTN are terminated (via the  PLAR feature) to the AA pilot (for AA assistance) or to a specific phone  extension (for receptionist assistance).

Multiple PSTN numbers—This  might consist of one PSTN number for the main office and another for  voice mail retrieval by employees. In this case, calls on main office  trunks are switched as in the preceding case, and calls to voice mail  are switched (via PLAR) to the voice mail pilot number. Clearly, these  two types of calls must be delivered on different physical trunks or  trunk groups so that each is autoterminated to the correct destination.

Sharing all FXO trunks across all PSTN calls (the first case in the  preceding list) results in better trunk utilization than assigning  distinct FXO trunk(s) to the main office number and other distinct FXO  trunk(s) to the voice mail pilot number (the second case).

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/gatewy.html#wp1052279

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

4 REPLIES

Hi Giorgio,

You can use the below links for your reference.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_example09186a0080566c4a.shtml

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/285171

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts  !!

Many thanks Anand, to take a look to my question.

But I am still confused. Could you be more detailed regarding my configuration?

Giorgio.

Hi Giorgio,

PSTN Call Switching with No DNIS (FXO Trunks)

If the office has only FXO trunks, no DNIS (or DID) capability is  technically possible. This scenario is very common for a small  standalone office or a small branch of a bigger network that has only a  few business lines from the local CO.

Because no dialed digits (DNIS) are available on FXO trunks, these calls  must be autoterminated on a predetermined destination (most often the  AA or the receptionist's extension) — or these calls must ring all  phones that have the line appearance on them (in Key-system mode). This  can be achieved with a private line automatic ringdown (PLAR)  configuration on the voice port where a particular destination extension  is associated with the trunk, and all calls arriving on that trunk are  switched as if they had dialed the configured extension. This syntax is  shown in the following configuration example, where all calls arriving  on the FXO trunk on slot 1/0/0 are switched as if they had dialed  extension 6800.

voice-port 1/0/0

connection plar opx 6800

Most small offices have multiple FXO trunks to the PSTN because each  trunk can carry only a single call. One or more PSTN numbers may be  associated with these trunks or this trunk group, depending on the PSTN  service the business subscribes to. Generally, there are two  possibilities:

A single PSTN main office number—In  this configuration, all calls from the PSTN are terminated (via the  PLAR feature) to the AA pilot (for AA assistance) or to a specific phone  extension (for receptionist assistance).

Multiple PSTN numbers—This  might consist of one PSTN number for the main office and another for  voice mail retrieval by employees. In this case, calls on main office  trunks are switched as in the preceding case, and calls to voice mail  are switched (via PLAR) to the voice mail pilot number. Clearly, these  two types of calls must be delivered on different physical trunks or  trunk groups so that each is autoterminated to the correct destination.

Sharing all FXO trunks across all PSTN calls (the first case in the  preceding list) results in better trunk utilization than assigning  distinct FXO trunk(s) to the main office number and other distinct FXO  trunk(s) to the voice mail pilot number (the second case).

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/srnd/design/guide/gatewy.html#wp1052279

Hope it helps.

Anand

Please rate helpful posts !!

By documentation you pointed, it seems that assigning a kind of "phantom number" at each site, the two plar phones are able to call each other. When I will receive the hardware I will try.

Thanks a lot.

Giorgio.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content