I have a 2821 Integrated Services Router, A CME License for up to 48 IP Phones but not sure how to verify if installed.
The 2821 Has the following hardware;
1) NAME: "VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1 - 1-Port RJ-48 Multiflex Trunk - T1/E1 VWIC2-1MFT-T1/E1
2) 2nd generation four port FXO
3) 20GB IDE Disc Daughter Card on Slot 1
4) High Density Voice Module - 8FXS/DID on Slot 2
5) 256 MB Compact Flash Card
So far the steps I have taken are:
1) installed: c2800nm-advipservicesk9-mz.124-20.T.bin
2) ftp'd into flash: cme-full-188.8.131.52.tar
3) archive tar /xtract tftp://10.10.1.2/cme-full-184.108.40.206.tar flash:
4) Ran the (config)#telephony-service setup command
5) Installed a 3560 switch with POE
6) Connected gi 0/0 of router to fa 0/48 of switch.Configured both sides for 100mb /full
7) Configured switch data and voice vlans on switch and router gi 0/0 sub int's
8) Created trunk (encap dot1q), allowed both data and voice vlans, verified trunk is up and vlans are allowed. Verified switch can see router with sho cdp nei detail
9) Configured switch ports for IP Phones;
switchport access vlan 100 (data vlan)
switchport voice vlan 666
switchport mode access
10) Connected my 7940G IP Phone to an access port
11) Unlocked the Phone with **#
12) Reset phone to factory settings
13) Phone now get's stuck in "Configuring IP"
Help, what am I missing????
Manual IP config on phone or to configure DHCP.
Configuring IP means the phone is looking for a DHCP as it's the default
I'm assuming the phone is already configured or auto-registration is enabled.
if this helps, please rate
Java is right, it sounds as though you need to set up a DHCP scope for the phones. Have you done this?
example below, hopefully it might help:
ip dhcp pool *the name you want to call the scope**
network x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
option 150 ip x.x.x.x
You may also need to exclude some addresses:
ip dhcp excluded-address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
**substitute with your own IP ranges**
Thanks for the feedback, however I do have the ip dhcp pool configured that way.
The phone is also set to ip dhcp enabled, it see's the correct vlan that it's suppose to be in and I have even tried a config erase on the phone.
What else could cause the phone to hang in "configuring ip" ?