Views
Helpful
Replies

Populating user's CTI Controlled Device Profile through BAT

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi guys,

I have a CUCM 9.1.2.1000-28 using the BAT 9.1.2.1000-281. When I am using BAT to update the users (synced with AD), everything works fine except for CTI Controlled Device Profiles.

In BAT, I have set Controlled Profiles to 1 and CTI Controlled Profiles to 1 (I assume this is the same thing as CTI Controlled Device Profile even though it doesn't say "device") and have populated both fields with the same details User_Name_UDP.

The import flags up no errors, but when I go into the user, the Controlled Profile has been correctly populated with User_Name_UDP (and other attributes, locale, primary extension are populated as well) but the CTI Controlled Device Profile is blank and I need to manually select it from the Available Profiles list. Not really a scalable solution when I need to import a thousand users!

Is this a BAT bug? Or do I need to use a different field?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sean,

Here is the bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug98968/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Symptom:
CTI CONTROLLED PROFILE update via BAT for End users does not take effect. Value stays blank.
Conditions:
CTI CONTROLLED PROFILE and DEFAULT PROFILE have the same value.
Workaround:
- Manual update
- Remove DEFAULT PROFILE values from csv file and retry update

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

I'm having the same problem with CUCM 8.6, running a update job afterwards doesn't work either.   Did you already find a solution?

Hi Freerk,

No, haven't been able to find any solution - may have to raise a TAC case on the matter

andy.brian
Level 1
Level 1

Any resolution to this yet?  I'm also experiencing this on 9.1.2.10000-28

1AirNorth
Level 1
Level 1

Possible workaround?  Export a good user profile and see how the Controlled CTI information is labeled.  Manually add the columns to the User file before you upload it into the call manager. Or create a file with UserID and only those additional attributes and use it to update the User.

andy.brian
Level 1
Level 1

I have manually configured a user with a CTI controlled profile and then exported that user.  The field is labelled exactly as it is when exported from the BAT tool.  After the export, I deleted all the unnecessary columns and used the new manually created CSV file for the import process.  CTI Controlled Profile still does not get updated properly.

Andy, I'm experiencing the same behaviour. Seems obvious to me that this is a bug. Have you raised a TAC case for this? If no, I will raise one later in the week and report back with the outcome.

Hi Sean,

Here is the bug

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCug98968/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Symptom:
CTI CONTROLLED PROFILE update via BAT for End users does not take effect. Value stays blank.
Conditions:
CTI CONTROLLED PROFILE and DEFAULT PROFILE have the same value.
Workaround:
- Manual update
- Remove DEFAULT PROFILE values from csv file and retry update

HTH

Manish

andy.brian
Level 1
Level 1

Manish,

Thanks!  I removed the 'DEFAULT PROFILE' from the csv file and re-ran the update.  The CTI Controlled Device Profile was updated successfully.

Andy

That's good to know Andy

Manish

Solved it for me too Manish, many thanks. As the bug lists this as fixed in v10, I assume there is no planned fix for 9.x and we'll have to continue using the workaround?

Hi Sean,

It seems to be the case for now.

Manish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: