cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Port Usage Analyzer 2.0.2 - Run-time error '339'

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

I just updated my Port Usage Analyzer to the new 2.0.2 that just came out yesterday. I did this on my production system and my lab system. I get the same error on both systems once I load the data and try and run the report.

Run-time error '339':

Component 'olch2x7.ocx' or one of its' dependencies not correctly registered; a file is missing or invalid

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK - think it handles all cases properly now (both with older version already on and not). Ye olde "self registration" functionality in IS is less than spectacular. Tried it on several clean and not-so-clean boxes and it works in all cases here. The setup size porked up by a couple meg to get all potential dependencies in there but what's a few meg between friends.

I didn't roll the version number, just rebuild the MSI - it's 7.2 meg now. Go ahead and download it again and see if it flies for you.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

MikeTomasko
Level 4
Level 4

FYI - I tried to downgrade my Port Usage Analyzer on my lab system and now get the same error when I try to run reports. I tried to go back to 1.0.67 and I told it NO when I was asked about keeping newer files.

Looks like IS is not picking up a dependency - I'll go to a clean VMWare image and run it through again - that OCX gets used by a bunch of tools, though, I'd be kinda suprised that it's not already registered on your box.

You can uninstall 2.0.2 entirely and install 67 again - don't try and install over it - IS does _not_ like that model...

The uninstall of 2.0.2 and reinstall of 67 did let me run the Analyzer so I'm back up and running for now.

I tried a complete uninstall of the Port Analyzer and a clean insatll of 2.0.2, but still got the same error.

FYI - I also have a TAC case open about this. It's 604524707.

TAC's just going to escalate to me anyway - no sense wasting their time. I'm working on it...

Took a couple of systems but I found a 4.0(5) install that reproduces this - I'm hunting through the registry to see where it's going haywire.

OK - think it handles all cases properly now (both with older version already on and not). Ye olde "self registration" functionality in IS is less than spectacular. Tried it on several clean and not-so-clean boxes and it works in all cases here. The setup size porked up by a couple meg to get all potential dependencies in there but what's a few meg between friends.

I didn't roll the version number, just rebuild the MSI - it's 7.2 meg now. Go ahead and download it again and see if it flies for you.