Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Possible for Unity WebSA to Delete a Distribution List in Active Directory?

My backup somehow was able to delete a distribution list is Active Directory via the Unity WebSA. The steps he did was he imported a list, but deleted it immediately after it was the wrong list he imported. When we go to our AD Users and Computers MMC, it's not there. Is this possible? We're on Unity 4.1(1) with Exchange 2003 offbox.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Possible for Unity WebSA to Delete a Distribution List in Ac

Shouldn't be possible (I certainly can't do it) for any object (users, contacts, DLs). Unity only ever "cleans" the properties off an object to make it not associated with a Unity install. We've been asked in the past to allow deletion of users and such in AD but have never done it because of the security hole it opens up - there are stand alone tools (Bulk Subscriber Delete) that will allow it but the SA does not.

Re: Possible for Unity WebSA to Delete a Distribution List in Ac

We were able to determine that my coworker did NOT delete an AD group. He kept thinking he did, but after using a free product from Quest Software, we determined it was not there to begin with. Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content