Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Presence in Lotus Sametime

Hello,

I have a problem with one of my customer. I'm stucked and I don't know how to move over.

• •-          I have a CUCM (7.1.5) synchronized with one LDAP server. Let’s call it CUCM-LDAP. User ID is in format abXXXXX, where XXXXX is a personal number of employee.
  • •-          I have a CUP (7.0.9) server, where I have a couple of enabled users from CUCM
  • •-          I have a Lotus Sametime with the Cisco call control plugin installed. Lotus has it’s own LDAP. Lotus users have an  internet name in format name_surname@domain.com and some aliases in different formats.

The call control is working OK for me, but I have a problem to get a phone presence status.

I know that user ID from CUCM/CUPS has to match internet address in Lotus.

I have tried 2 different ways:

• •1.       I have temporary changed internet name in Lotus to format abXXXXX. The login from plugin to CUPS was successful. When I checked the login user in presence viewer I was able to see his contacts from Lotus in format iskXXX (the first one in alias names in Lotus). I don’t know why. And I also saw a SUBSCRIBE messages to CUPS coming in this format. But what a surprise – the presence was not working ••J
  • •2.       I have changed a LDAP sync parameter in CUCM to use mail as a user ID. Then I got  users in CUCM/CUPS  in format  name_surname@domain.com. The login from plugin to CUPS was successful. When I checked the login user in presence viewer I was able to see his contacts from Lotus in format name_surname@domain.com. But the presence was still not working and I saw SUBSCRIBE messages to CUPS coming in format abXXXXX. I have no Idea why.

Can anybody please tell me if presence in this setup should work. And if so, what else needs to be done. What else can I check here ?

Can anybody explain, how the presence status between CUPS and Lotus works ?

I cannot put logs here as this is set up in a secured environment.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Kamil

2 REPLIES

Hi Kamil,

This part of the PCAP plug-in integration is probably the hardest to get working, especially when you have different directories used for CUCM/CUP and Sametime. It *is* possible, but each situation often requires substantial trial and error.

It sounds like the environemnt is using Domino LDAP as the Sanetime directory (not native Domino). Can you confirm this?

Have you tried to change the name matching settings in the PCAP plug-in configuration at all?

Beyond that, it will take me some time to work through your description to see if I can offer more ideas.

Good luck,

Rupert Clayton

CDW

San Francisco

Hi Rupert,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, they are using Domino LDAP as a Sametime directory.

I have tried a differnet combination with the user mapping settings, but with no success.

The problem is, that I don't understand how this should work.

Is there any document that describes the flow of messages and user IDs used in those messages ?

Without this it will always be a try/error approach.

Thanks,

K.

Views
Helpful
Replies