presence the phone and mobile field entries not coming from LDAP

I tested by changing name and all...working fine changes happening

But the phone field is not coming at all

ANY IDEA????

24 Replies 24

server health status for LDAP

Thank you for your care

Some quick questions:

1) How did you add 'eldho' to your CUPC contact list? Give me detail steps.

2) If you search 'eldho' at the CUPC search box (at the bottom of the CUPC), would you get any result?

3) Give me a screenshot of CUPS Admin > Application > Cisco Unified Personal Communicator > LDAP Profile > (click on the profile you're using). I'd like to see if "recursive search" or "Anonymous Bind" was checked or not.

Thanks!

Michael

1, I added from user options webpage of presence

2, no nothing

3, first it was cheched...I removed it now and now also same result\

I can give you control on teamweaver

id: 226 027 396

pas: 1234

pls help

1) If you add the contact via user option page, there won't be any phone number associated with that contact. This is by design.

2) If you cannot search the user from CUPC search box, that means the LDAP profile was not configured properly (even though it shows green).

3) The recommended way to add contact is to search the contact in CUPC search box. Then right-click on the search result and add it to contact list.

Michael

this is the ldap profile page

the same user name is lab and pawword is correct which is same as in ccm

please correct if there anything wrong

I got ur point.So somehow i have to get the search option..rhen it will work fine right?

You forgot to check the option "recursive search". Check it, save it. exit/re-launch CUPC.

Michael

now it is working fine...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

U ARE VERY HELPFULL....

Hi Michael

We are having the same issue with the latest version of CUPS and CUPC (8.5.2), are you aware of any caveats with this?

Issue=  no alternate numbers coming into the CUPC for added contacts from AD,  the users have Mobile, Home, Business 1 and Business 2 set, Pager etc  but nothing is shown on the users details.

You do have a drop down selection for other numbers but they are all have a suffix of '2'.

worth logging a TAC case you think?

Thanks

Andy

Hi,

did you fix that problem? I'm using global catalog in a multi domain setup.

I can see the business/telephone number but unfortunately not the mobile phone number. The mobile number is in the AD and also mapped in CUPS, but the CUPC is not getting it.

Any advise?

Thank you!

Not sure if the issue in question is resolved with that install but I have just done one with CUPS 8.5(4) and CUPC 8.5.4, it works fine and brings over the other numbers including Mobile.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: