Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Presenec 8.5 with lotus notes sametime

Hi

I have done a integration of Presence with sametime using the plugin for sametime 8.5 downloaded from cisco

However i can't see the presence status of sametime client , what i see that from the create report

"No contact info retrieve for person CN=Jamie ,OU=XXXO=YYY "

The doubt i have is that do i really require a AD/LDAP to get a presence status as currently my presence and cucm is not integrated with the AD, However all are green in the troubleshooter and my presence viewer show all the sametime contact.

I have not applied any LDAP profile in the presence for the user as we don't have an AD .

Appreciate your quick response.

Regards

RC

2 Replies 2

rupert.clayton
Level 1
Level 1

Rupam,

Configuring presence awareness between Sametime and a Cisco UC environment is not a simple task. However, it is possible to get presence awareness functioning in most Sametime 8.5.x configurations (native Domino, Domino LDAP, and non-Domino LDAP). If you use the same Active Directory source for both CUP and Sametime, you will minimize the potential for mismatched user identities.

I noticed that you did not mention anything about your CUP server. Do you have this installed? What version? Also, please provide the versions for Sametime (server and clients), CUCM and the Phone Control and Presence plug-in. Also, please detail the type of authentication you are using for Sametime.

Rupert Clayton

CDW, San Francisco

HI

Yes we are using CUPS version 8.5 and same time is also 8.5 and plugin is Cisco_Plugins_8.5.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: