Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

press * in greeting to retrieve other mailbox doesn't work

it doesn't work from phones without mailbox, or from external.

also, if I do it from a phone with un-enrolled mailbox, I need to change my PIN!

3 REPLIES

Re: press * in greeting to retrieve other mailbox doesn't work

It all depends how have * setup in Unity. Typically, * is setup for "Sign IN" Which Unity will then as for your ID and then your PIN. Hitting * from any phone will not auto dial Unity sign in.

From externally, you need have your voicemail number or Callhandler answering the external number be available to accept * as Subscriber Sign in. IF this is not configured, there is sign in.

For Un-Enrolled Mailboxes, if it is configured for "Subscriber must change PIN after first login" then you have to change your PIN.

All these settings are done at the "Subscriber Profile" settings. It is highly advisable to configure a Subscriber Template that has features you want to give users when they are in Unity checking messages, leaving messages, or dial into Unity.

If you have Subscribers already setup, use Bulk Edit to change the options you want, such as change PIN, or * for Subscriber sign in when greeting is played, etc.

hope this helps

Thanks,

Everything is default, I think it's to sign-in.

If I call a user and I go to his voicemail(i.e. no answer), and I press * it's ok as long as the calling phone has a mailbox.

But if I do the same from a phone that hasn't got a mailbox it fails.

("This system is temporarily unavailable to take your call")

If I do the same from a phone that has a mailbox, but not enrolled, I need to change my password...

Cisco Employee

I highly doubt it matters if the calling phone has a mailbox or not - the logic for signing in does not care at all in the scenario you describe - it seems much more likely that the mailbox you are trying to log in as in that case has a serious issue that is preventing Unity from gaining access to it.

Whenever you hear the failsafe conversation ("the system is temporarily unavailable...") that always means a very serious problem under the covers - check the application event log for errors (there will be at least one for each of these events) and it will likely tell you that Unity was unable to log into a mailbox you were trying to access.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content