cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Private Messages - External Callers

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Is it on the road map to allow external callers to mark messages as private?

adignan - berbee

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes - this is on the Unity 5.0(1) list. They are also pumping up the private/secure (i.e. encrypted) message features to extend to outside callers and also allow admis to force all messages regardless of source to be encrypted. With this they are also working on making playback of encrypted messages extend to the VMO client (currently you're forced to use the phone to review an encrypted message).

I had our reps put in PER 17983, which would give the option to force all voicemails to be marked as "private"; I'm sure you've forgotten, but I had a thread a few months ago in this forum describing how our consultants didn't want their admins to have access to voicemails (even though they had delegated their mailboxes within Outlook). You pretty much said there was no way around that with 4.2(1).

Was Unity 5.0 going to be the release where everything is done through IMAP? Any pre-clues as to how this sort of boss / admin assistant relationship may work in the new environment?

Awesome. thanks jeff

adignan - berbee

How will the keys be handled for this? Will Unity be holding the keys? Will the user be able to playback on WMA for example if they have the key residing locally on their machine?