Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with ccm and cups updates .

runariversen
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

have anyone experienced problems with updates beetween ccm and cups ?

ccm ver 5.1.3 and cups 1.0.3

(ldap integration towards ad)

When I enable a user in ccm for presence, it should automatically import/export to cups so I could enable MOC. But nothing happens.

If I restart the sync agent on cups server, all the users synchroniced, but changes are not updated.

All tips and suggestions appreciated :o)

br

runar

9 Replies 9

jguay
Level 1
Level 1

Runar, what changes are missing? Changes done in AD?

Hi,

the database notifications from ccm to cups is missing. If I enable a user for presencne and cupc (ups and upc) the user doesnt show in the cups server, hence I cant enable MOC(microsoft office communicator) for this user.

Everthing looks ok, but have found some errors in some of the logfiles (cisco tac is on the case).

br

runar

So in Presence Server > System > Status you don't see any "No. Licensed UPS end-users"?

When you do Presence Server > System > Troubleshooter does everything show up ok?

And all the services are Activated in Serviceability > Service Activation ?

I am asking these questions to learn with you in case I come across such a problem.

hi,

#So in Presence Server > System > Status you

don't see any "No. Licensed UPS end-users"? #

I see the users that are "imported" when I restart the sync agent. But if I enable a user it doesnt show in cups.(without restaring sync agent)

#When you do Presence Server > System > Troubleshooter does everything show up ok? #

yes.

#And all the services are Activated in Serviceability > Service Activation ? "

yes.

br

runar

R,

When you enable a user in ccm for presence, you mean checked for "enable UPS" and "enable UPC" for some user. If this is what you do, it should seen on CUPS's --> proxy server --> User settings.. Matthew

hi, problem is, that it dosent. If as i earlier have writtern, restart the sync agent they show. But htis isnt how it should work...

br

runar

Hi runar

Did you find the solution . Am having that exact same problem.

Al

hi, yes cisco tac (development actually) found it.

When you install the cups server, you enter the ccm publisher server name (or ip) twice ( i think). For some reason, there was a mistyping of the ccm publisher server name. Not the first time, but second time during cups installation.

This info is stored in a xml file on the cups server, and when there is a mismatch here with the name of ccm publisher the updates from ccm publisher are ingored.

So cisco tac changed this and it worked right away. You cant change it yourself, cisco used remote support etc on cli.

I think that I saw this error, on the os admin on the cups srever - > show cluster.

If you are having this issue, the fastes way to resolve is to reinstall the cups server.

br

runar iversen

Hi "You cant change it yourself", could you tell me how?? I need use "run sql..." Thanks.

Matthew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: