Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with DR test on Unity

I am doing a Disaster Recovery test for a UM Unity install. I built a Unity Server to the same versions and built an exchange server with the same name and IP address but was not able to get the restore info for that.

Anyway I restored using DIRT sucessfully and I can call an extention and hear the subscribers greeting and leave a message but when I try to retrieve the message from the subscribers phone I just get the default greeting and I am not able to press * to enter the number.

When I look at the port I can see that the number is getting passed correctly to Unity from Call Manager but it seems to fail there.

I am wonderign if I have forgottern to do something.

The error messages I get in the log file are failure on port 1 and wav open failures.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Problem with DR test on Unity

The vast majority of the complaints I get that DiRT restore failed are due to an incomplete or somehow broken installation before the restore takes place. The Exchange server name and IP address do not need to be the same, by the way (the help file goes to pains to explain how the domain, server name, exchange config etc... can all be different on the restore).

I would ask that prior to the DiRT restore, could you create a subscriber and sign in as that guy - leave them a message and retrieve it? If not or if you didn't ensure this prior to the restore, I'd suggest a clean install - full test of system functionality including MWI etc... then try the restore.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content