cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Play from Outlook on delegated inbox

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

If I delegate my inbox to another user (with Editor access for example) then they can obviously open my Inbox and will see my voicemail messages appear in Outlook. If they then open the message and click play, their phone rings with a call from Unity (as expected). When they answer the call however, they are immediately disconnected without hearing anything. Playback works fine for messages from their own inbox. It is almost as if some permission is being evaluated and results in failiure/termination of the call. I get the same results regardless of the users/mailboxes involved with the only common factor being the fact that the inbox is delegated.

Has anyone else seen this, or know this to NOT be a problem ?

In this particular instance I am using CM4.0(2a), Unity 4.04, ViewMail 4.0(4) with Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002 SP3.

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Yes, there was a problem with ViewMail 4.0(4) for the situation you are describing, delegated or shared inboxes that were added to a user's Outlook. Only playback using PC speakers worked whereas playback to phone resulted in Unity hanging up. The problem is corrected in ViewMail 4.0(5), which you can use with your existing Unity 4.0(4).

Ginger