cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems Importing Public Distributions Lists Into Unity

moneous.green
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 4.2.1 failover implementatoin that's partnered with an Exchange 2003 server. I have imported PDL's into Unity. Within UnitySA, one of the distribution lists only shows one user, even though I can view the list within Active Directory and see many users as a part of that PDL. I have verified that these users are set up as Unity subscribers.

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

sopayne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

To rule out an issue with Unity-Active Directory synchronization, I would suggest that you sync Unity with AD via the DC/GC Reconnect tool (found in Tools Depot), but keep in mind if you have a large AD, this could impact your network and Unity's performance.

If the forced sync doesn't correct the issue and f the users are not the system users that are installed when Unity is installed, then I'd try to see if other tools can be used to show the Public Distribution List members on the Unity server, e.g. Bulk Edit with "Subscribers in this public distribution list" selected, the distribution list secified (via the Find

button) and the "Add Subscribers To Grid" button pressed.

If you can view them via one interface, but not another (within Unity), then the issue is with an interface. If you cannot view them through any Unity interface, then the problem is with how Unity is seeing this information (and likely an AD-Unity sync issue).

If the forced sync doesn't correct the issue, I'd suggest you contact TAC for assistance.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply.

I was able to resolve the problem, but I'm not sure why my change corrected the issue. On the profile page of the PDL in question, the 'Show distribution list in e-mail server address book' option was unchecked. After checking that box and saving the changes, I was able to see the correct subscribers show up in the PDL via the UnitySA.

Why would that option cause my problem?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: