cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems running DBWalker on Unity 3.1(1)

aaron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to run DBWalker version 3.0.90 on a Unity 3.1(1) server, and every time I get an error about the event log file being full. The exact error is "Run-time error '-2147023394 (800705de)': Error reporting event - The event log file is full."

If I have a Windows Explorer window open while running the DBWalker, I can see that it creates a 2kb file, however, the file disappears after clicking on the OK button on the error (this also closes the DBWalker utility). Another odd thing about the file that it creates temporarily is that the file date is completely off (it gives a 2003 date, and an incorrect time).

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Thank you in advance,

Aaron DiBari

1 Reply 1

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, my first guess would be that, as the error states, your event log is full ;->

dbWalker writes information into the event log when it starts/finishes and if the log is full the initalization routine will fall down and it'll bail out. Try clearing out your application event log or increasing the size (and letting it auto delete entries when it gets full - other apps are going to have trouble if they can't note things in the event log as well).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: