Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Provisioning Unity accounts from remote server

Hi all,

We are a University with 5000+ IP phones. We give out a phone to each student for the duration of their enrollment at the university. We use AXL / SOAP tools to automatically provision phones from our ERP Solution. In Peoplesoft, we assign students phone numbers. PS then fires off a process that we built using Java that provisions the device in callmanager.

Currently this process also generates a text file that we use bulk subscriber import to add to unity. Is there a way that I can drive this process with Java, AXL, SOAP, XML, any other means? Even a schedulable CLI process would make my life easier.

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Nick Parece

Senior Systems Admin - VoIP

Brandeis University

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Provisioning Unity accounts from remote server

You can create subscribers in Unity by calling a stored procedure - I have examples of how to do this in code on www.CiscoUnityTools.com if you're interested. There is a SOAP interface to call stored procs via a web service as well, but it's not a supported interface in Unity (it is in Connection).

Jeff,

Thanks for the quick note. I found the document online. As always, we're so thankful that you are around.

I also apologize in advance for the questions that will inevitably come from our programmers here. Hopefully they are few and far between!

Nick

Has anyone tried to do this from a UNIX/Linux remote server? We would like to provision VPIM users by direct database connection from a SCO or Linux remote system.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content